The banana is a wonderful ingredient to mash up and add to a homemade mask, plus it’s packed with antibacterial agents to help attack blemishes and hydrate.
- Acne Mask: Take one banana, a tsp of milk, a pinch of nutmeg, a tsp of oatmeal powder, and eat breakfast. No, just kidding — actually, mash it all up (or put in a blender) and apply to clean skin and let dry before rinsing thoroughly.
- Moisturizing Mask: Blend one banana and one Tbsp of honey. Apply to skin. Leave on for about 20 minutes, then rinse off. Your skin will be soft and smooth. If you find yourself out of honey, you can simply apply a mashed banana for similar results.
- Oily Skin Treatment: Combat oil and shine with one banana and two tsps lemon juice, mixed together and left on the skin for 15 minutes. Bonus: the vitamin C from the lemons will also help to brighten your complexion.
- Hydrating Antioxidant Mask: Bananas and avocados contain vitamin A and E, known fine line fighters. Take an avocado and banana, mash them up into a paste, apply to skin for 25 minutes, then rinse.
- Gentle Exfoliating Scrub: Mix 1 banana with a small handful of dry oatmeal, and 1 Tbsp (give or take) coconut milk. The oats slough off dead skin, while the banana and coconut milk treat your skin to a healthy serving of nutrients and moisture.
- Banana/Sugar Scrub: Take a mashed banana and 1 Tbsp. of sugar and mix them well. Simply apply to skin by using circular motions, then rinse thoroughly. It also works wonders on hands!