Grooming your beard is a new trend that is becoming stronger by the day,this does not stop our clean shaven brothers from continuing in their routine. Here are some tips and tricks for shaving the right way;
- Prepare your face for a shave: Shave after a shower or use warm water.
- Apply a pre-shave oil: It acts as a lubricant and ensures a smooth shave.
- Use a quality shaving cream: Avoid using shaving creams and foams that are packaged in aerosol cans.
- Use a brush: Apply the shaving cream in a circular motion and then with upward strokes to lift the hair up and away from the face.
- Go with the grain: Start from the top of the face to the bottom – from your ear and work your way to your mouth. Shave gently with a perpendicular blade against the grain after shaving with the grain, for a smoother finish.
- Don’t Rush It: Use slow, gentle and smooth razor strokes with even, light pressure.
- Rinse the blade: After every one or two strokes, remove the hair lodged in between the blades.
- Keep the skin taut: Pull and stretch the skin for a better shave.
- Rinse your face with cold water: And pat dry with a towel at the end of the shave.
- Apply a moisturizing lotion: The lotion rehydrates your skin and reduce irritation.
Let us know your thoughts.