Boils are a kind of skin infection that commonly occurs in places that have hairs, foreign materials on skin, any cuts or areas exposed to friction or sweat; they appear as hard and painful red lumps. Although boils are not contagious, the bacteria causing the boils are, and people who have acne, eczema, diabetes, obesity, kidney problems, blood disorders, cancer, AIDS, alcoholism, etc. are more prone to boils. Onions which contain 25 active compounds and essential oils to mention a few of its properties helps cure boil.
Onion Water: This is the most popular and widely used form of onion for various treatments:
- Pour 1 cup of water in saucepan and place it on stove.
- Add a finely chopped onion and stir well.
- Let it boil for few minutes until the water has reduced by half.
- Turn off the heat and use this water to rinse the boils after cooling slightly.
- Or strain the boiled onion water with the help of a muslin cloth and squeeze it to extract its juice.
- Apply this on boils with a cotton ball daily.
- Follow the same process regularly.
It can also be mixed with garlic juice and honey for effective results.