After hair the second other thing that is important to a woman is her lips, if it’s not the first; and if you are not one to wear lipstick a lot, you know the dire need to scrub your lips and have it looking fresh and pink or whatever the natural colour maybe. Excess smoking, caffeine consumption, genetics, sun exposure, lip misbehavior and harsh chemicals present in lip care products turn your rosy lips into a dark, cracked or chapped one.
Lemon juice because of its bleaching and healing property, also it’s acidic content and Vitamin C makes it able to clear and maintain healthy looking lips.
- Take few drops of lemon juice and apply it on lips.
- Leave it for 30 minutes and rinse off with water.
Lemon with Sugar
This process helps to exfoliate dead cells and helps production of new and healthy cells.
- Slice a lemon and sprinkle sugar on top of it.
- Gently massage on lips for few minutes.
- Let it rest for 15 minutes and rinse off with water.
- Repeat 3 times a week.
- Alternatively, use brown sugar instead of table sugar.
Lemon with Yogurt
- Combine equal amounts of lemon juice and yogurt.
- Apply the mixture on lips and let it rest for 20 minutes.
- Rinse off with cool water.
- Repeat daily.
Lemon and Turmeric
Turmeric acts as anti-microbial and kills bacteria causing discoloration.
- Make a mixture combining 1 tablespoon lemon juice and 1 teaspoon turmeric.
- Apply the mixture on the lips and let it rest for 20 minutes.
- Rinse off with water and pat dry.
- Repeat 3 times a day.
DIY Lip balm with Lemon Oil
- Melt 2 tablespoons beeswax using a double boiler.
- Add 1 tablespoon olive oil and few drops of lemon essential oil to melted beeswax.
- Stir well, remove from the flame and pour in an airtight container.
- Let the mixture cool down and use regularly as a lip balm.
Lemon with Cucumber
- Mix equal amounts of lemon juice and cucumber juice.
- Rub the mixture on lips for 5 minutes.
- Let it rest for 20 minutes and rinse off with water.
- Repeat 3 times daily.
Lemon with Egg White
- Mix a dash of lemon juice with 1 teaspoon egg white.
- Apply it all over the lips and let it rest for 20 minutes.
- Rinse off with lukewarm water and pat dry.
- Repeat daily.