For some time now, some of our fashion divas and celebrities have been bold and daring enough to rock the bantu knot hairstyle. The hairstyle actually originated from Africa and was later termed an African american hairstyle because it resurfaced around the 90’s.
It looks so lovely, cute and unique. You can follow the steps below you get the ideas of how to rock the Bantu knot in great style.
What you would need:
- Rat-tail comb and Wide tooth comb.
- De-tangling serum.
- small elastic pony tail holders or hair pins.
- Curl cream.
- Shampoo and Conditioner.
- Hair ties or scarf.
- Eco styling gel.
- Almond and Aloe Vera oil.
1. Wash your hair making sure your scalp is very clean, use shampoo and anti-frizz conditioner afterwards
2. De-tangle your hair using a brush or a comb, apply a detangler serum in the process. This process helps to make the knots shiny.
3. The best and general agreement is to partially dry your hair i.e leave your hair damp using a towel to touch the hair just a bit not enough to completely dry it out.
4. Using a rat-tail comb separate it into sections an comb each section of your hair, after that apply the products in each section, one at a time and then gently comb through.
5. Tie each section with the bands and then separate the tied section into two then begin to twist (you can create a braid before twisting each section).
6. After twisting the two strands together, take the whole lot and twist in a clockwise knot secure this knot with a bobby pin or just tuck into the knot and secure with a smaller black band.
Repeat step 4 – 6 till you are done with all the sections, then apply the styling gel to give it a neat finish.
Here are gorgeous Bantu knot hairstyle that is sure to inspire yours: