There are some days you would just wish like using a balm on your lips but the fear of your black lips won’t let you go out freely without a lipstick. We all know it’s lipstick craze these days. But you’ve to have luscious soft lips to rock the perfect lipstick. No amount of lipstick, gloss or makeup can cover the hideousness of badly maintained lips. A pair of chapped, torn and faded or dark lips makes anyone look undesirable.
There are ways by which you can maintain baby soft pink lips. If you are struggling with the dilemma of lips that don’t seem to get repaired no matter how much you try, then this list of tips should hopefully help you out.
- Apply butter and milk cream- Applying the pure and unsalted form of butter or almond oil on lips and massaging them gently, help in moisturizing your lips. Also, applying chilled milk cream on your lips prevents dryness. It is advisable to dab some onto your lips and keep it on for an hour or so before washing it off. Do these procedures regularly and you will have soft enviable lips within no time.
- Use pomegranate juice- To lighten the shade of dark lips, you could use the magic of pomegranate juice. Mix 1/2 teaspoon of Pomegranate juice with 1/2 teaspoon beetroot juice and make a solution and then apply it regularly on your lips. It will lighten dark colored lips.
- Consume more of vitamin A and B- For having a healthy and glowing outer appearance you need to have a healthy diet and food intake too. Habits such as smoking, destroy the quality of lips and so does an unhealthy diet. Ensure that your diet is rich in vitamins A and B because they are the main nutrients that nourish the skin of your lips. Consume more of tomatoes, green leafy vegetables, whole grains and legumes.
- Gentle exfoliation- Not only is exfoliation a necessity for good skin, it is also a must for the maintenance of soft kissable lips. One of the easiest and cheapest ways to keep your lips soft is to gently massage them with a clean toothbrush. Exfoliate them with a little sugar or sea salt if they are not cracked. Use olive oil or an oil or liquid you are comfortable with and massage sugar or salt onto your lips in a circular fashion and wipe clean. Make sure you use a lip balm after this process.
- Choose the right lip balm In order to prevent drying and chapping of lips, you need to keep it hydrated at all times. Licking lips will not help, but deteriorate the lips as saliva tends to quicken the pace of drying the skin. For keeping your lips moisturized and hydrated, you ought to use the correct lip balm. Make sure your lips are always covered with lip balm. Look out for lip balms with moisturizing ingredients such as vitamin E and aloe. Many balms also come with antioxidants such as vitamins C and E.
- Orange peels and rose petals- If you want your lips to look rosy pink and fresh, then there can be no better way than to use roses itself for the same. After soaking some rose petal in milk for some time, make a paste of them and add a few drops of honey and glycerin to it. Dab this paste on your lips for about fifteen minutes and then rub off your lips gently with milk. Also, orange peels are great for bringing life to dark and dull lips. Use the fruit coverings to cleanse the skin of your lips and to lighten the dark skin tone of your lips.