A lot of hair types might take an eternity to grow even an inch longer, but that doesn’t mean you can’t speed up the process. Here are a few tips on how to kick your hair follicles into high gear, achieving more length and strength.
1. Always start with your scalp. It’s no longer a secret that hair grows stronger when the scalp is healthy. And such health can be achieved through daily scalp massages – atleast 5 minutes a day.
2. Sleeping on silk. Smooth surfaces reduce nighttime friction, which means less breakage in the morning. It’s best to switch from cotton pillow cases to silk when next you’re doing a bedroom makeover.
3.Follow the rule of one. Never blow-dry AND heat-style on the same day. Air dried hair would be the best hairstyle to keep. To avoid damage and dryness do one or the other, make sure you follow the rule of one procedure a day.
4. Brush better. A natural boar brush is worth the investment. Brushing stimulates blood flow to your scalp, which brings needed nutrients to your hair follicles, thereby creating healthier and stronger strands of hair. Always brush gently, carefully, not to rip out your hair.
5. Rinse with vinegar. There’s not so much evidence that rinsing hair with cold water does ore good than using warm water. However, cold water plus apple cider vinegar will help to close the cuticle layer of the hair, leaving it shinier.
6. Avoid Extensions. When growth is your goal, extensions should only be permitted only for special occasions and for short periods of time, That extra weight can rip your hair out from the root.
Give your hair a rest. Depending on your hair type, keep washing and styling to a minimum for the best hair texture and quicker growth.