Stubborn abdominal fat (folds) are more likely to appear on the back and tummy regions. An unhealthy amount of flesh hanging from the stomach can be very embarrassing especially when you sit, your stomach folds slightly, causing crease marks to appear through your outfit which can be very annoying.
Folds are subcutaneous fat (the surface fat that makes love handles), even if you are not overweight, other factors can cause the presence of fold and these factors include.
1. Post weight loss phase
2. Postpartum period
3. Genetic factors 4. Sitting and standing posture Ridding yourself of folds Thankfully you might not need a tummy tuck after all, see these helpful tips below
1. Eat right. Eating a well-balanced diet (consisting mainly of fruits, veggies and whole grains and low in fat and refined sugars) plus exercising regularly, will help you shed not only subcutaneous fat (the surface fat that makes love handles), but also the deeper visceral fat.
2. Work out. Dieting alone will not help you rid yourself of folds and vice versa. Regular exercise not only helps you slim down your whole body, it actually shrinks the size of fat cells in your stomach and tones your abdomen and midsection. – Exercise routine: pick a cardiovascular exercise (such as swimming, running or cycling) + an exercise aimed at the abdomen region(such as as stomach crunches, yoga plank poses and leg lifts). -Exercise at least 5 days a week for 30 minutes at a time.
3. Drink lots of water. Water helps remove excess sodium from the abdomen and tightens it simultaneously your abdomen. 8 glasses per day should do.
4. Reduce your stress level. Increased stress level results in a high secretion of the enzyme called cortisol. When in the blood, cortisol react with insulin to create abdominal fat/ folds. Turn things down a little. Take breaks at work, read a book or watch a movie. Get massages at spa etc. Stay away from activist that strees you out.
5. Support garments. Be inspired by the famous Dita Von Tesse transformation and let these garments become your best friend.
6. Stop drinking and smoking