Do you know that getting up refreshed early in the morning makes your day awesome? When your mind is fresh, naturally everything falls into place. You feel good to do things and plan according to your mood.
Here’s what you can do to wake up feeling refreshed every day:
- Eat your dinner early-Have dinner about two to three hours before going to bed. It is a proven fact that by eating dinner early, you can digest your meal well. And that will affect your physical state as well. When you sleep well it reflects in your mood the next day when you get up.
- Have adequate sleep- How many hours you sleep also impacts your health. If you don’t sleep for adequate hours each night, it will affect your awake state. Some people say they can function on four to six hours of sleep each night, but research shows that adults who get fewer than seven hours of sleep — whether for just one night or over the course of days, weeks, or months — have more difficulty concentrating and more mood problems than people who sleep seven to nine hours. Sleeping well also keeps you healthy and fit. Maintain a habit of going to bed at about the same time every night so that you develop a good sleep schedule.
- Skip the coffee, tea and fizzy beverages- A recent research proved that coffee can interrupt with your sleeping pattern. So if you have a habit of drinking coffee at night, then you must discontinue your habit. Don’t drink coffee or tea or any other fizzy drink at night. This negatively affects your sleeping pattern.
- Deep breathing- Do you know that deep breathing can help you to relax at night? You heard that right! Just practice some simple deep breathing tricks before going to bed. Inhale and exhale slowly to relax your mind. When your mind is relaxed, you will sleep well. And, when you sleep well, you will get up all refreshed in the morning!
- Play music- Start your day by playing music. When you hear music early in the morning, it helps to relax your mind and body. So, play the music you love as you have a sip of your coffee or nibble on toast.
- Plan your day –Well, if you firmly believe in planning, then plan your next day at night only. If you have a planner or an organizer, use it for planning your day. Write down a schedule and To Do list for the next day. When everything is planned, you would naturally get up in a more peaceful frame of mind, knowing that you don’t have to worry about your day ahead.
- Stay positive- It all starts with one positive thought! If you are positive, you will sleep well and get up refreshed in the morning. It is best to read some positive books at night or hear some positive things. The idea is to relax your mind. Positive thoughts can help to reduce your stress. You can also try listening to an inspirational CD or audio recording on your way to work.