A strong memory depends on the health and vitality of your brain. Whether you’re a student studying for final exams, a working professional interested in doing all you can to stay mentally sharp, or a senior looking to preserve and enhance your grey matter as you age, there are lots of things you can do to improve your memory and mental performance. Here are 5 foods that aids in boosting your memory.
1. Blueberries: Nutrients packed in these berries help reverse age-related problems in the area of the brain function, improves learning, motor skills and vision.
2. Green Tea: EGCG(epigallocatechin-3-gallate) found in green tea protects the brain. It lowers the amount of protein that builds up as plaque linked to memory loss and nerve damage.
3. Dark Chocolate: Dark chocolate reduces inflammation and may help prevent oxidation in the brain, which is the precursor to many neurological diseases.
4. Apples: Apples could have dementia-fighting qualities. Vitamin C is a known factor in the reduction of Alzheimer’s.
5. Avocados: This healthy monounsaturated fat increases blood flow to the brain. That means more oxygen getting to those parts of your brain that help you to think and to remember details.