Pimples are an inflammation of the skin in which the sebaceous glands (oil glands under the skin) become infected with bacteria, swell up, and fill with pus. This is usually caused by excess secretion of sebum. Pimples generally appear on the face, neck, shoulders and back. Pimple swelling can be painful and cause an individual to feel miserable due to their appearance. Below are some effective natural methods used in treating pimples within a short period.
1. Ice can be used to quickly reduce the redness, swelling and inflammation of pimples. It helps in improving blood circulation to the affected area.
- Wrap the ice in a piece of cloth and hold it on the affected skin area for a few seconds.
- Wait a few minutes and repeat the process.
2. Use of Lemon juice is another quick way to get rid of pimples. Lemon juice is an astringent which helps pimples dry up very fast. Fresh lemon juice is much more effective as it does not contain preservatives. There are a couple of ways to apply this remedy.
- Fresh juice can be applied with a clean cotton swab to the pimple before going to bed overnight.
- Also, a mixture of one tablespoon of lemon juice with one teaspoon of cinnamon powder can be applied to the pimples overnight. In the morning, wash the skin well with lukewarm water. However, this particular remedy is not suitable for those with sensitive skin.
3. Facial steaming is good for your skin at any time, but most especially when you have pimples. Steaming helps to open up skin pores and allows your skin to breathe. This helps get rid of oils, dirt and bacteria trapped in the pores that can cause infection or inflammation.
4. Garlic possesses anti-viral, anti-fungal, antiseptic and anti-oxidant properties that can help in the fast treatment of pimples.
- Cut a fresh garlic clove into two pieces.
- Rub the cut garlic on the pimples and leave it for five minutes before washing the skin with lukewarm water.
- For best results, repeat the treatment several times a day.