It is a common mistake for men to kid themselves into thinking that they do not need any sort of grooming at all. Saying things like “who has time to rub cream?” and “who can keep track of all these products?”.
Funny enough, you have no problem updating your wardrobe and purchasing new item pieces you like. The thing is as you get older and your style reflects your age and taste, your grooming habits should also reflect your age, style and unique taste.
After we get past the age of 20-25, the healing processes of the body slows down and its up to you to make sure you don’t look 60 when you are 30.
There are various ways to do this, but three of the most overlooked are discussed below.
1. NO SKIN GROOMING ROUTINE; Your face is the first thing people notice about you. If you don’t take good care of your face, everybody that looks at you will make assumptions you wouldn’t welcome about your age. Start a skincare routine with products ranging from exfoliates to remove the top layer of dead skin, to collagen renewal creams which help in production of healthy skin cells. Finally a good face moisturizer to fight off fine lines and wrinkles.
2. NOT HAVING A HAIRCUT & SHAVING ROUTINE; Don’t wait till your hair is overgrown before you go in for a haircut: if you notice that you need a haircut, it’s already too late. Other people have noticed by then that your hair is out of control. Have a routine schedule for your haircuts, perhaps once a week.
Its a common practice to allow your barber also shave your beard, though this may increase the chances of razor burns, and unsightly infections. If you want to be more traditional and shave your own beard, do follow the pointers below.
- Use a fresh blade. Avoid using cheap, disposable plastic razors. Always keep your electric shaver clean.
- Shave with the direction of hair growth using slow, gentle and smooth razor strokes with even light pressure. Then shave against the grain for a smoother finish.
- Remove the hair lodged in between the blades or in the electric shaver by rinsing it every one or two strokes.
- Wash your face with cold water and pat dry with a towel.
- Apply a moisturizing lotion to rehydrate your skin and reduce irritation.
3. NOT TAKING CARE OF YOUR BODY; Not taking care of your general health as you grow older will definitely show on your skin, in your stature, your voice tone, and hasten the aging effect. Minimizing alcohol intake will improve the texture of the skin, and be an added advantage to your overall health. Reducing your coffee intake reduces the chance of your having yellow teeth, which makes you look older. Taking care to improve your diet will show on your skin with time.
Be sure to correct these three grooming mistakes, and the changes in your skin will be extremely noticeable