It’s not our everyday fruit and you might have some difficulty in finding it in the market (Instead try the supermarkets). Eventually when you find it, you are definitely in for a treat and a whole lot of benefits. The Strawberry is called ‘the queen of fruits” In Asian countries because it’s packed with health benefits. Compared to fruits like apples, oranges or bananas, strawberries have the highest amount of nutrients.
These juicy heart-shaped delights have much more to offer beyond sweetness and flavor. I consider them a powerful.
10 Health Benefits of Strawberries
1. Helps burn stored fat: The red coloring contains anthocyanins, which stimulate the burning of stored fat. When a group of animals was fed a high-fat diet along with anthocyanins, they gained 24 percent less weight than the animals eating the high-fat diet without added anthocyanins.
2. Boost short term memory: The anthocyanins boost short term memory by 100 percent in eight weeks. so buy them for your kids too!
3. Low in Calories – High in Fiber: One fruit contains only 54 calories.
4. Ease Inflammation: Strawberries lower blood levels of C-reactive protein (CRP), a signal of inflammation in the body. In a study, women who ate 16 or more strawberries per week were 14 percent less likely to have elevated levels of CRP. (Harvard School of Public Health.)
5. Lower cardiovascular disease: Flavonoids — which are responsible for the colour and flavour of strawberries — lower the risk for heart disease.
6. Promote bone health: Strawberries contain potassium, vitamin K and magnesium which are important for bone health.
7. Prevent oesophageal cancer: Studies show freeze-dried strawberry powder may help prevent human oesophageal cancer.
8. Anti-aging properties: Strawberries are filled with biotin, which helps build strong hair and nails. They also contain the antioxidant ellagic acid, which protects the elastic fibers in our skin to prevent sagging.
9. Good for weight loss: The compound nitrate found promotes blood flow and oxygen in our body, which is great for weight loss.
10. Promote eye health: Eating three or more servings of fruit like strawberries may lower the risk of macular degeneration, a condition resulting in vision loss. (Archives of Ophthalmology)
Eat your way to a healthier life with these nutritious fruits.