The only thing that gets us more excited than good makeup is an awesome new way to use that good makeup. Whether it’s figuring out that hairspray can work to set your makeup or that you should be applying lipstick with a concealer brush, makeup hacks are more than just fun — they’re also incredibly helpful. Below, we’ve put together 10 amazing makeup hacks to make your life easier:
1. Apply your lipstick with a concealer brush for a more precise application.
2. Turn your regular pencil eyeliner into gel liner by holding it under a flame for one second. Let it cool for 15 seconds and gently apply to your lash line.
3. If your lips are a bit chapped or flaky, take an old toothbrush to brush away the flakes to reveal softer, kissable lips.
4. Set your makeup for a long night by spraying hairspray straight up in the air, then tilting your head back and closing your eyes to let the hairspray fall back down onto your face.
5. Give gel eyeliner staying power by going over it with the same color in a powder formula with an angled liner brush.
6. Stop your under eye concealer from creasing by completely removing any creams or oil from the area and using a makeup sponge to apply concealer. Set the liquid concealer with a thin veil of powder for extra staying power.
7. For thicker eyelashes, dust a thin coat of baby powder onto your lashes after your first coat of mascara, then seal it with a second coat. The powder acts as a thickener and your lashes will look much thicker.
8. When you first open a new product, write the date on it with a permanent marker. That way, you’ll always know when it will expire.
9. Using white eyeliner as an eyelid base will make your bright eyeshadow stand out and last longer.
10. Hold a plastic spoon or business card to your eyelid while applying mascara to avoid stray marks on your lid.